Friday, February 4, 2011

Pamela Louderback, Day 100

I had stayed up a bit late the evening prior putting together some interview questions for Gabrielle at St. Mary's University College, so I decided to sleep in.  My appointment was set for 11:00, and I had originally intended to take a black taxi tour of the Falls Road, as St. Mary's is on the Falls Road, but after hitting the snooze three times, I ended up scratching the "tour" idea for more sleep. 

Gabrielle and I spent a good amount of time talking about the history and origin of the Irish Medium program at St. Mary's as well as current course requirements, etc... at their teacher education programs.  We also discussed  the possibilities of reciprocal opportunities for NSU students International Study Abroad at St. Mary's with Paul Anthony.  Hopefully, in the near future, we will be back to St. Mary's with a group of NSU students ready to learn more of Ireland and educational policies.

After meeting with both Gabrielle and Paul, I took a taxi to Shaw's Road to interview Sean Mac Aindreasa in his home.  The interview went rather well and I found it quite an honor to be invited to Sean's house.  The taxi driver was very sweet and protective toward me when we pulled up to Sean's house.  Outside were three guys putting in a new sidewalk, and the taxi driver made me stay in the taxi while he went up to the house to inquire about whether it was the right address.  Turns out, it was Sean's nephews working on the walkway -- another good example of how the community pulls together to help each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment