Friday, February 4, 2011

Pamela Louderback, Day 99

Yesterday, prior to dropping me off at my apartment, Eileen invited me to lunch.  Although I had been feeling a bit unwell, I decided it would be another wonderful opportunity to visit with Eileen about Belfast as well as learn more about her Fulbright adventures in Ann Arbor.  Thankfully, it was a lovely day for a walk.  Several days of walking in "wet" weather had not been helpful to my already "flu-like" symptoms. 

Lunch was a treat!  Eileen had made baked chicken, stuffed mushrooms, roasted potatos, turnip and carrot medley, and stuffing.  Not only was the food spectacular, but the company was very enjoyable.  Katheryn, Eileen's daughter was present; Charles, Eileen's eldest son, also joined us - about twenty minutes into the meal.  We engaged in lively discussion on a variety of topics, both personal and professional, and before I knew it, two hours had gone by.  I still had a few last minute scripting/outlining for my presentation and Eileen was expecting company later that afternoon, so we parted ways. 

The rest of the day was spent working on my presentation and packing for my trip to Wales.  I also did a bit of deep cleaning to the apartment to prepare for my eventual departure of Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment