Friday, January 21, 2011

Pamela Louderback, Day 86

After yesterday, today was pretty uneventful -- just an eight hour journey home via train, plane, and taxi. 

Today began at 8:00 a.m. with a full English breakfast before departing Roscrea B & B for the Bodmin Town train station.  Sarah, the proprieter, makes her own marmalades and mushroom ketchup so I tried every flavor.  The lemon and lime marmalade was my favorite, with a close second of Lady marmalade.  The mushroom ketchup would take some getting used to, though.   

My train ride from Bodmin to Gatwick City airport took approximately five hours.  Because of recent heavy rains, the tracks were slippy (they refer to it as slippy, not slippery) which slowed down the train ride a bit.  Due to the delay, I barely made my flight connection and had to run through the airport just to make it in time.  What a sight that must have been -- hearkening back to the O.J. Simpson commercials -- except not so graceful on my part.  But, my luck held up!  The flight from Gatwick to Belfast City was an uneventful hour trip (thankfully).   I arrived back in Belfast around 6:30 and got a taxi to the apartment where I proceeded to unpack and do laundry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment