Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pamela Louderback, Day 95

The morning was taken up by an early visit to the Elms Village to meet with Marguerite regarding the process of "checking out" of the University faculty apartment.  Since I was in the neighborhood of the larger Tesco, I thought I might be lucky enough to find a replacement for my dual wattage converter.  However, it was not to be.  This quest has become quite difficult one; my iPhone is on it's last 20% and failing fast.  Also, it's put a definite challenge on my plans to prepare PowerPoints, etc... for my upcoming guest lecture on my laptop in the comfort of my apartment. 

I know...I could write a short novel on my dual wattage converter saga -- it could be quite a thriller -- Will the main character find a replacement dual wattage converter before her iPhone finally loses all of its charge!?  Of course, that would require my spending even more time in my office writing the piece.

Previously, I had put together an outline for what I thought would be a short presentation at Swansea but received an email from Angela Jones who informed me that there was to be a reception the evening prior and that the University had slated a two hour timeslot for my lecture.  So, back to the presentation -- to extend it a bit beyond the original 30-45 minutes!  This has become quite an exciting prospect.  Hopefully, I will represent NSU well.   

I spent the better part of the late afternoon and early evening at Maddens Pub and Bar with Sean, his buddy Arthur, and Roger -- a chap originally from Leeds.  Like me, Roger was not officially a part of the "Club" (although I am now an honorary member) but he's known Sean and Arthur for years as a fellow Maddens customer.  After four hours of lively talk and much drink, I still had nothing on the history of Irish Medium and Shaws Road.  Sean gave me his contact information and invited me to make a trip to his house sometime before I leave Belfast.  I consider it quite an honor to be invited to his house and hope that we will be able to talk a bit about his role in the Irish Medium movement. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment