Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pamela Louderback, Day 92

Today, I packed up some of the clothes I wouldn't need for my last two weeks here and dragged them to the post office on Botanic Avenue.  I had noticed earlier in the week that three big boxes of toilet paper had been sitting in the Mail Room at the Institute of Governance.  So, I emptied one box of its contents onto the remaining two boxes, and took the empty box home. 

Once I posted my clothes, I decided to check out the St. Georges Market.  I hadn't been there in awhile and thought this was probably one of my last chances to do so.  I took an alternate route down Donegal Road and was glad I had done so.  There are several antique stores and a variety of Chines restaurants and businesses in the area.  Additionally, I came upon several Ulster Loyalist Murals.  I stepped into one of the antique stores to purchase a Commonwealth Plate and inquired about any Irish Wolfhound items.  The proprieter wasn't there at the time but a quick call by his assistant assured me there wasn't anything at the moment but that the proprieter had on order a flask top with a Wolfhound on it.  It was due to arrive in about a week.  I left my name and number with the assistant -- hopefully, it'll come in before my departure to the States.  It has been impossible to find anything with Wolfhound motifs, etc...

At St. Georges, after thinking about it every time I visit, I finally decided to get some Young prints of the Belfast area and Antrim coast.  I had a nice chat with the artist who was very helpful in picking out a variety of prints for my collage.  I'm looking forward to getting the prints home and framing them.  Also, I picked up a Tara's broach and two spoon rings for family members.  Unfortunately, the gentleman with the Isle of Man Manx cats was not there. 

The rest of the day was spent Skyping back home and going through emails.  My evening was spent transcribing some of yesterdays interviews and deciding what else I should pack and post to the States.  Given the price of posting, I may just drag it home in my suitcases.  I had hoped to get rid of enough to only have two suitcases, instead of three.  We'll see how my finanaces hold out!

No comments:

Post a Comment