Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Les Hannah, day 61, part final

So, now that I have climbed down from the soap box and the lesson was over I returned to my office for a short while to Skype my family. Lexi finally lost a tooth that had been loose since I left the States. I was happy to see that and told her that the Danish tooth fairy might put a few kroner under her pillow next week. Of course she wanted to know what that meant. I told her she would find out next week.
Following the conversation I headed back to the flat for a short amount of time, and I mean quick. Just long enough to drop off my things and then head into the city center for some business. Turns out that in trying to ensure all of my business in Denmark was settled Pia and I discovered that my rent for both the house and the flat had never been paid. Guess it’s a miracle I had not been evicted. Seriously though I doubt I was ever in any danger of that. Turns out it was a simple oversight by the offices in Copenhagen that were handling this matter. The money had been set aside for that but had not been transferred to the property management agency. I wanted to get to the bank and those offices before they closed to ensure that the transaction had taken place. All was well. I was certainly relieved to know that.
Once that business had been resolved I was back to the flat for the evening. I was told earlier in the day that the temperature tonight was forecast to be below zero here. But remember that is not quite as cold as it may seem. Denmark uses the Celsius scale and zero degrees here is thirty-two in the US. It got down to about -8 here, and that is about 15 or 16 in the Fahrenheit, so not as below-zero as it may initially seem. But then there was the wind and that cursed wind chill factor. I don’t even want to know. All I knew was I was inside a warm flat watching reruns of America’s Funniest Home Videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment