Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Les Hannah, day 67, part final

My final day at the school. Honestly, when I first arrived I was looking at the front end of a very long time tunnel. I still very much had in my mind the image of Lexi standing at the airport gate crying, and this left me thinking the end would never come. However, here it was the end of my time here and it seemed as if it had been nothing at all.
I was scheduled in one final class today, which was the third period. How fittingly too that it was one of Pia’s classes. I have worked with her more than anyone here and have come to know her mind I think when it is about her students. She cares, and wants them to succeed. This session was spent mostly answering questions. The questions were mixed and varied. By that I mean there were questions from many angles, such as “What do you think will happen now with the recent American elections?” to “Do you like Cherry Coke?” Certainly an interesting mix of questions. I did my best to answer them all, especially this one: “Do you think you live in the greatest nation there is?” My answer was a resounding “Yes. The Cherokee Nation.” 
Following the, my last day at the school, I headed to the flat for a short while. Pia and Soren had invited me for a final dinner at their home. As with every meal I have had while here this one was exceptional. I shall note it one final time, the cuisine in Denmark is phenomenal and is worthy of a trip to experience that alone. Should you see no sights, engage in no other form of cultural contact, the food is worth the trip. However, while there you may as well enjoy all Denmark has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment