Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Les Hannah, day 62, part final

Evidence of the cold night was everywhere this morning as I made my way to school. Frost covered everything. The wind was not blowing, and I don’t think it got as bad as it was forecast to during the night, but still it was cold enough to sting the bare skin this morning as I rode in.
I had the first two lessons off, but again used the extra time this morning to work on other things. I also used that time to make my way around to classes I had been in so I could take group photos. Some classes I am finished with. They have had all the lessons with me they will have and I will not see them again as a class. So I used this time to go around and get them to line up for group shots. I shall try to get all of the classes like this before I leave.
I had the two afternoon sessions; the first with Pia and the second with Daniella. In Pia’s class we covered a bit of Conley (Bob are your ears burning?). Not “Witch” (this class has already had that) but some of his poetry. And then I gave them my Dances with Wolves lecture. This is a theory I worked up some years ago. I first presented this paper in Albuquerque, New Mexico and then again a year later at Oxford. Now, these students got a small sample of “Indians BC (Before Costner) and AD (After Dances with Wolves).”
In the late afternoon class, just before I was about to go in I received word that the teacher would not be able to make it; I had the class on my own. We were scheduled to discuss some film clips and/or literature anyway, so I decided to expand that a bit and show the class Smoke Signals. We watched the entire film – well some of the students did. The film was slightly longer than the class so those who needed to leave did so at the end of class. Some students wanted to stay and watch it to the end, which was only about ten minutes over.
Once that was completed I headed back to the flat and actually began packing more of my things. I packed most of the clothes I knew I would not be wearing again during the remainder of my stay. I also packed some books. This packing took about an hour and made a considerable dent in my packing requirements. I still have some to do obviously. I have several items yet at the school. I also have one more load of laundry to do, which I will probably take care of tomorrow.
Today was actually a slow day, I mean in comparison to some I have had recently. Once I finished my packing and sat down though I was apparently tired as I dozed off while sitting on the couch, for a while at least. I awoke in time to watch most of Lethal Weapon 2 (in German) before finally calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment