Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pamela Louderback, Day 43

I keep promising to post the following photos to the blog (it required three to get the whole billboard ) in honor of our resident moustachiod fellow Zac.  I think it appropriate, don't you?  This is a billbard that I pass by on Ormeau Road on the way to St Georges Market or the Central train station.  I've attempted on two earlier occassions to take a photo of it but resolved myself to the fact that it required taking the billboard in sections of three photos to get it all in. 

 A man's genius can be...


...measured by his moustache.

You can't readily make it out in the photo but the glass of alcohol sparkles in real life.  And the moustache is made of felt-like material.  Quite a clever billboard -- to say the least. 


This weekend at St. Georges Market was "Christmas Market" with lots of Christmas-related stuff.  I didn't buy any ornaments or stockings but I did finally give in to an 8 X 11 matted print of a black pug and a fawn pug sitting up with a whippet lying down in the middle between the pugs.  I just couldn't pass it up since it reminded me so much of my little black Sadie (who I recently lost), and fawn Chloe back home.  They were inseperable. 
Here's my find -- a lovely tribute to the girls
It continues to stay bitter cold but at least there was no precipitation today.  I spent a good amount of time figuring out and purchasing assorted and sundry air, train, and bus tickets for my impending 'journey' to London and Cornwall that will take place in early January (Fulbright Forum).   By the time I return to the States, I will be so good at all of this 'journey making', I may just consider getting a job with a travel agency!  Plus,there would be the added benefit of additional salary.  I'll need the extra income of a second job to finance my Fulbright stay as everything is quite expensive here.

1 comment: