Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Les Hannah, day 64, part 1

What a great day. I awoke in time to “watch” the last five minutes of the Bedlam game: OU/OSU football. I signed on to ESPN to check scores and discovered that the game was still in progress, so I followed the gamecast. When I first signed on the score was 40 – 38 Sooners. With just less than five minutes left. I followed the game stats, both cheering and cussing (considerably to both) in what seemed to be the longest and most action-packed last few minutes of any game I know. But regardless of the length the Sooners prevailed and really knotted-up the Big 12 South. Tie breakers should go the Sooners’ way though.  If nothing else happened the remainder of the day this would have been a good day. But other things happened of course.
The temperature today broke a record – and that was nothing really to brag about. I learned that today was the coldest day in 120 years in Denmark. It sure felt like it too. I went to lunch and a football (soccer) match with Soren and his daughters. He picked me up at the flat close to noon. We attended the pregame lunch for the sponsors in the Carlsberg Lounge. Carlsberg is a Danish beer company, quite a good beer too I might add. And the food to accompany the beer was good. Well, the food in Denmark is great anyway; you know my thoughts on that.
Following the meal we took our seats – outside, on the coldest day in 120 years, to watch what ended as a 0 – 0 draw. Esbjerg had plenty of opportunities and should have scored at least five times, but that ball was cold and bounced funny I guess. It was a good and exciting game, but one score from Esbjerg would have heated that stadium up quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment