Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pamela Louderback, Day 46

My appointment to meet with Katrina Godfrey had been canceled for today and rescheduled for this Friday due to weather conditions.  Ms. Godfrey is Head of the Division of Resource Allocation - Department of Education, Northern Ireland so I am quite keen on speaking with her regarding funding of Irish Medium schools as well as school management and administration allocations. 

Since I had a bit of time on my hands, I decided to make my way to the Naughton Gallery to have another look at the 'Wish You Were Here' Postcard exhibition.  My list of top five favorites changed just slightly based on the fact that a few pieces looked better in real life as opposed to the thumbnail photos online, and vice versa.   Saturday at 11:00 a.m. is the big day!  I'm considering whether it will be worth my while to get there early or not (shades of long lines for killer band concert tickets).  Being a bit unfamiliar with the 'art crowd', I'm not sure if that will be necessary.  Mr. Rink -- what say you?

On my way home I did a little grocery shopping and came across these 'barn eggs' -- which I just HAD to purchase!  I've been fortunate to be able to eat healthier with lots of organic vegetables (courtesy of St. Georges Market) grown locally and range fed products.  Of course, I've countered all of this 'good healthy eating' with a marked increase of diet cokes in the last two weeks. 

Note the purveyors of Willow Farm 'barn eggs' specifically clarify that although their chickens are not technically 'range fed' chickens, they live in a "spacious barn where they are free to roam, peck and dust bathe as part of chicken natural behaviour" -- a bit of semantics but one might surmise their conditions are more humane than some farms. 
By the way -- they taste great!

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely get there a little early. I've lost many a treasure to the early bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I overslept and didn't get there early. By the time I arrived, there was quite a line. Needless to say, none of the postcards on my were available so I went home empty.

    ReplyDelete