Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Les Hannah, day 64, part final

Following the game we walked to their house, which was not that far away, where we spent the evening talking and planning events and visits and such. Pia and I talked about my final days at the school, which now are just two. Someway, somehow I ended up with Monday off. No one scheduled anything for me, leaving me with only two remaining classroom days.
Soren and Pia fixed another amazing meal, and the conversation continued throughout dinner. Anna, one of their daughters, is a student at Aarhus University, the place I visited a couple of weeks ago, and she had to leave a bit early to catch a train back to Aarhus. Once Pia returned from taking her to the station the conversations turned to planning events for students and the different exchanges that may occur between NSU/CN and Esbjerg Handelsskole. We looked at flights schedules and prices and discussed strategies the remainder of the evening. Once I get back to NSU I have got to get busy and get the right people involved in helping make this happen.
Soren took me back to the flat around 10 pm, but not before a quick drive through the city to show me the Christmas lights. Now I am not one much for the “Pomp and Circumstance” of Christmas, but I have to admit these lights were quite impressive. Esbjerg really knows how to decorate their city streets. Great job Esbjerg. I thanked Soren for yet another great day and got inside as quickly as I could. After all, it was the coldest day in 120 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment