Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Les Hannah, day 63, part final

Well, it finally happened – snow, snow that stuck. I had been flirting with snow on the ground for the past several days. Drizzling snow, morning snow, afternoon snow, blowing snow – but none of it sticking. That all changed this morning. As I was standing in the kitchen getting a drink I happened to look outside and see about a half-inch on the ground, and more still falling. It was not snowing hard, certainly not like last Christmas Eve in Oklahoma, but enough to see that this snow was here to stay for a while. It was cold outside, and cloudy; this stuff was not about to melt.
Regardless of the snow I had things to do, so I showered, dressed and set about them. Made my way to the grocery store for what will likely be the last time; got just enough things to get me through this weekend.  Also, for lunch I met with a student and her mother. This student is seriously wanting to come to the US and NSU to attend university. And, who can blame her (can you tell I am just a bit biased toward NSU?). I did my best to answer all their questions, mainly for the mother I think. I don’t blame her for wanting to know. I would be asking lots of questions too if Lexi wanted to go half-way around the world to school. I understand the concerns of a parent.
Following lunch they took me on a short tour of a park area I did not know, a place in Esbjerg where I had not yet been. It was adjacent to the football stadium, directly across the street actually. We walked around in there for awhile as they showed me the park. It was quite cold today, with the snow on the ground, yet people were out playing in the snow. I could imagine that during the summer this park is quite a popular place.
Following our walk, they took me back to the flat where I settled in for the evening. I actually took the opportunity to do what was quite likely my last load of laundry in Denmark. I happened to catch the washer unused (somewhat rare on a weekend) and carpe washing machine was on. Of course that took the remainder of the day. By the time it was finished I was settled in to watch television. I have found a show that I watch when I am home: Wipeout. I love that show. Lexi and I will sit and watch it and laugh at the people falling into the water.
Following Wipeout I worked on some various projects I have going on, got some notes written and such, and actually chatted some on Facebook with some people back home. I told them of my experiences in Denmark and referred them to the blog. Before I knew it midnight was approaching. Tried to sneak up on me, but I eventually saw it coming. Headed to bed as the snow began to fall yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment