Thursday, December 9, 2010

Les Hannah, day 70, part final

My first day back and after my first night’s sleep in my own bed (well at least in nearly three months now) I felt better. Unloaded the car and brought in all the luggage, especially the most important one – the one with the gifts. Lexi was having a grand old time unwrapping her Scandinavian goodies, so much fun that once she got to the final one she asked, “Is that all?” She would likely have asked that had I brought an entire plane full of gifts. I think I almost did; I had gotten her more things than I realized.
I felt a bit “draggy” all day, but that was to be expected. And of course I had to fight the urge to go to bed at 4 in the afternoon. I was able to stay up until nearly 9pm the first evening, but it was not without a struggle. Really did not do much at all today, but that was sort of the plan. Lexi has a birthday party at her Mema’s (my mother’s) house tomorrow where the cousins will be over, so we are saving ourselves for that.
Of course I had to recount the stories and events of my time in Denmark. And I did so with great fondness.
I will have but one more posting to this blog, a conclusion. But not an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment