Thursday, October 7, 2010

Les Hannah, day 2, part 1

This day was spent mostly travelling, a good portion of that still on the aircraft, a Boeing 757 300 series. How do I know that? I read the little safety features card in the seat pocket in front of me. Why did I do that? Because I was bored. I don’t sleep well on flights. Never have. Not afraid of flying, just don’t sleep well on planes.
The flight from Atlanta to Dublin was just over eight hours in duration.  I spent the first couple of hours passing time by watching that movie with Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Kevin James, and Rob Schneider: Grownups. It was good, funny in parts but I have seen all four do better. So in the end I am glad I saw it in the air and not the theater, saved that $29.95 on the large buttered popcorn and medium drink.
Delta flight 176 landed in Dublin, Ireland just a few minutes past 8:30, Dublin time. By the time I got my luggage, all three large and heavy that I now had to transport by myself, and got to and through Customs it was about 9:30. I then made my way to the bus terminal just outside the airport where I purchased a bus ticket to Belfast: City Centre. This is where I would meet Reamai Mathers, a Gaelic fellow who came to Tahlequah a few months ago and spent some time in Cherokee country and in our immersion school.

No comments:

Post a Comment