Thursday, October 7, 2010

Les Hannah, day 2, part 2

The bus ride to Belfast was just over two hours. I think I actually got more sleep on the bus than I did on the plane, so that does not add up to much.  I did a small bit of sightseeing along the ride, snapped a few photos. Mostly what I saw though was the inside of my eye lids.
Once the bus arrived at the Belfast City Centre terminal I unloaded and looked for Reamai, but could not find him, so I took advantage of the time to something to eat. Quick lesson in American vs Irish food lingo: I ordered lasagna and chips and a Coke, so I went to the small shelf where there was what Americans instantly recognize as chips. I grabbed a bag of what looked to be regular potato chips, but then turned to the woman fixing my plate and realized that their chips are our French Fries; I saw her scooping some onto my plate, but before my American ignorance completely revealed itself I placed the bag of “chips” back on the rack and played it off like a pro. Actually, I knew that, but had forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment