Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pamela Louderback, day 4

Still getting used to the time change - or maybe it's all the tea I'm drinking because I can't seem to get to sleep until around 3 a.m.!  Met with Margaret again - got my card and username/password - I'm official!  Off to the library after some lunch.  I hope to be able to visit the Lewis Carroll room.  Personally, I think the original library much more beautiful in architectural style but am glad the new library has so much more room.  I'll be assigned a Queens University Belfast (QUB) email tomorrow. 

Using my social networking skills to make more contacts.  I've been invited to morning coffee Thursday so I should be able to meet more School of Law faculty.  Am also trying to work out a possible "tag along" with a class going on a field trip (thanks to Margaret) - more details to follow (unless it falls through). 

I'm still on the lookout for dog volunteer opportunities - hope to touch base with a local rescue foundation.  The staff at reception were extremely surprised and I think somewhat amused at my request - seems nobody has ever asked for such a thing - guess I'm just a bit crazy when it comes to dogs.  Met a dandy welsh collie pup yesterday - four months old by the name of Taschi.  I'm not sure of the correct spelling - I had quite a bit of trouble understanding her very proud owner.   But my dog fix has subsided and I'm in need of a another one, and soon! 

Once I get the FlipShare figured out I'll start sharing pics and videos.    

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Louderback this is so cool. I can't wait to see pictures. You made my day without Janie so much better. Keep posting and now I will have to read through Dr. Hannah's adventure. =0) Please take pictures of the dogs/puppies you meet and of course all the cool buildings and landscape.

    ReplyDelete