Monday, October 25, 2010

Pamela Louderback, Day 3

Checked in with reception regarding house-keeping, rent, heating but my contact had called in sick.  Seems the multiple degrees I possess cannot help me decipher directions on how to operate the heating units, the microwave, and the washing maching.  I only wish I had a t.v. that I couldn't figure out, as well!  ; )

Decided that since reception was a "wash", I'd pop in to the Institute of Governance/Law to check in.  Seems nobody knew I was arriving save for one person, and she didn't share that information with anyone else.  It caused quite a flurry of excited activity around the office.  However, a few emails and phone calls later by Margaret (my new best friend)-- and voila! - I was set up with an office.  The whole process took less than 30 minutes and everyone was very helpful and accommodating - even giving me a cup of tea (thanks Teresa)!  Necessary forms for temporary staff status were filled out and hopefully - by tomorrow - I will have my staff card, username/password, etc...so that I'll have full access to the Library.  Can't wait to begin my research!  Until then, I at least have a lovely office to use - something I didn't expect.  

I'm off to Dunn's for some towels.  Seems it's about twenty minutes walk through the University, past the Botanic Gardens, and over the river.  With any luck, I'll find it without getting lost.  

No comments:

Post a Comment