Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Les Hannah, day 31, part final

I had some other paperwork to send back to Copenhagen, to the Fulbright Commission, so I went to the post office and mailed those items. While there I received a phone call (the school loaned me a cell phone while I in country so I may have contact with them and they with me). It was Pia; she informed me that the rental agency had called and was offering me an apartment – flat – near the city centre because of the damage to the house. Apparently someone from the agency had gone out to the house and checked things and found the leak worse than ever. Pia asked where I was; I told her, to which she asked if I could meet here near the flat within a few minutes; she had the keys and could show me. “Sure,” I responded. She gave the address and directions and I was off to meet her.
After giving the apartment a look I decided to take it. It is closer to the school and the city; size is actually about the same as the house. I like that little house and would like to stay, but that leak is getting worse and I was growing a bit concerned about water getting into the electric wires.
So I will be moving. I left my bike in the basement of the apartment building, and Pia took me out to the house. I spent this one last night there, used it to pack my things and get ready for the next morning. Pia would help me move then. One final night in the little house that has been my Danish home for the past month. I will miss my little deer and pheasant friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment