Sunday, November 28, 2010

Les Hannah, day 53, part final

I am making it a mission once I return home to see about getting Rene to NSU. I would like to see him as a guest artist in our Art department. However, I think what I would like to see most of all is a collaborative work with him and a Cherokee artist or two. With Rene’s style so closely matching what I have seen from some of the artists around home I think this would be an interesting partnership. These two items are my mission for Rene and his art: get him to NSU and get him paired with a Cherokee artist.
All too quickly our time was once again up. Soren had to return to his company; after all the man is trying to run a business. I am just so very thankful for the time he took to make this meeting with Rene happen. So, Soren and I went to his company for a short while so he could mind the shop until quitting time. He and I sat and talked and watched the ocean; from his offices we can see the harbor and out to sea a little. It’s a good view.
Once again it was not long until time to go. Soren returned me to my flat; thank you again Soren for another great day. But the day was actually not finished yet; for speaking at the Rotary meeting today Soren had given me several tickets to the hockey game tonight. I of course kept one for myself but was able to give away the others to some colleagues at the school. So it was time to get ready for the hockey game.
Claus and his daughter Mia were among those to join me, also Christen, another of the teachers at the school. Tonight’s game was awesome: Esbjerg won; they never trailed. Esbjerg scored three goals in the first period and set the tone for what might have been the best hockey game I have ever attended. The opponent was a team from near Copenhagen, and a good team I might add, but Esbjerg was simply better tonight. The Copenhagen team scored in the second period, and then again early in the third making the score close 3-2 in favor of the good guys, but then Esbjerg scored again to make it 4 – 2. And what has got to be every goalie’s dream, late in the final period Copenhagen pulled their goalie for an extra attacker – open net. Esbjerg’s goalie made a save, slapped the puck and it went the length of the ice to score with only a few seconds left on the clock. I love it when the goalie scores.  5 – 2 Esbjerg. YEAH ESBJERG!
I walked back to the flat with Christen, one of my colleagues at the school. He too had taken a ticket and joined us at the hockey game. We had a good conversation on the way back; turns out he lives only around the corner from me. I enjoyed his company during the cold walk back. What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment