Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pamela Louderback, Day 13 pics of Belfast

Now that I've finally got things up and working, I thought I'd dole out a few more pics I've taken over the last few days.  Here are some of the neighborhood around the University and the church I attended on Sunday.  Enjoy!
A sign with crest at the entrance of Queen's


The photo doesn't do the flowers justice - a hedge with purple and red flowers at the corner of Windsor Avenue North and Malone Road.
A striking contrast on this cottage with red ivy and yellow door.  It just caught my eye so I snapped it.

Another home on the walk to QUB down Malone Road. 

Yes -- that's a palm tree!  No doubt the weather hasn't detrimentally affected it's growth.


Interesting house with aquamarine trim - the photo doesn't do it justice but in real life, the colors are magnificent!  Note the ironwork on the gate.  Attention to detail is a plus here.  The building is the P.A.C.T. House - not sure what the acronyms stand for, though.


Another view of the library.  Note on the right hand side of the building is the 'tower' portion where the main stacks are found.  On the left side on the ground floor is where the snack area is located.

Walkway that winds around to the back of a house - looked interesting --

Side view of St. Brigid's the Catholic church I attended.  They have 9:30 mass when the children sing, and an 11:45 mass in Latin. 

St. Brides Childrens school affiliated with the church.

Corner of University Road as it turns into Malone Road.  This is where I do my banking at the Ulster Bank and right next door is the Post Office.  Around the corner is the QUB bookstore. 


And last but not least is the Botanic Inn, or as the local's call it, th 'Bot'.  A great place to stop in for a beer.

2 comments:

  1. pretty! i like the one with the flowers on the house. Have you spent a lot of time in the "Bot?" :D

    ReplyDelete