Monday, November 15, 2010

Les Hannah, day 41, part 1

Good morning Esbjerg. I got to the school around 7:30am so I could set up my computer and check a few things before heading into class. I had two this morning, the first two sessions. For some reason these sessions seemed to go more quickly. Perhaps it was because of the level of dialogue with the students. Both classes seemed to be more engaged this morning. Perhaps their level of comfort in talking with me is rising. That is good. They are good – good students. I really appreciate their intellectual curiosity, and they are curious. Once they get past their shyness (if that is the best word for it) they really seem to engage with the discussion.
Once my sessions for the day were over I remained in my office for a couple of hours working on materials for my job back home. Several matters of importance to attend to and some deadlines are looming. I was able to accomplish a few of the tasks but I can foresee working on these over the weekend as well.
But tonight, tonight, tonight is a party at the school. In keeping with the theme of the 80s (recall the presentations just before Potato Week) there is a party and dance. I had been asked many times if I was going and of course I did. I wanted to see the festivities.
So to prepare, whatever preparation one must do to attend a party, I returned to my flat and prepared. Actually I took the time to do one more load of laundry, remember nearly a three hour task, and go to get some groceries. The laundry finished around 5:45, which was just in time for me to get ready and head back to the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment