Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pamela Louderback, Day 19

Am feeling more focused after a meeting with Fulbright contact Kieran Mannion who is Head of Leadership and Management Development at the Department for Employment and Learning.  With any luck, I'll be able to visit with some individuals in the Department of Education as well as some individuals connected with Irish Medium schools and Gaelthact in West Belfast around the Falls Road district.

I have been remiss in posting pics and videos so I thought I'd do so tonight.  I keep trying to post a video of the ceile (music and dance) I attended on Friday evening.  The dancers are from the Haughey MdAuley Academy of Irish Dance in Belfast and are world Irish dancing champions for many years.  The dancers just returned from a recent Ulster competition where they swept first place in almost all categories.   If I ever get it to load properly, it's quite a treat!

Also, another video of some shops along Ormeau Road on my way to the St. Georges Market area.  I may just have to parse into pic!

Enjoy the photos from Lanyon building - the main building of QUB

Statue of Galileo in the foyer area. Note the checker board floor.


Entrance view of Lanyon building looking out toward University Road across from teh Student Union are.



View of second floor area with wrought iron and wooden ceiling beams.

Another view of wooden ceiling beams and chandelier.

Exit walkway that leads out to the Welcome Centre/Book Store on the left and the University on the right.


1 comment: