Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Les Hannah, day 32, part 1

This morning Pia came to get me and help me move to the apartment – flat – near the city centre. I had packed my things and already had most of them out beneath the awning of a little shed near the entrance when she arrived. Probably another good turn of events here as the weather was again miserable this morning: cold, stinging rain driven by high winds. I honestly do not mind the bike rides in the mornings, but riding in conditions like this, well – to put it bluntly sucks. During the past couple of days the wind has been so strong that the gusts have blown me over.
So we loaded up Pia’s car with my meager belongings and headed into the city. Pia helped me unload and carry things to the flat, which is on the first floor. Once my goods were inside, she headed to school; she had the early lessons this morning. I took a couple of hours to settle things in, put my clothes away and find where things were and belonged. I had only the afternoon lessons today, so there was no real hurry in heading to school, but once I got things squared away at my new place I headed in.
Got to school in time for lunch, so I ate with the faculty and then prepared for the lessons in Ulla’s classes again. I am in her classes most of the week, all afternoon sessions today, three out of four tomorrow, and the back with Joan on Friday for one lesson.
Today went well. I was back with one of the classes I spent time with yesterday, the one where the girls wanted to do some dancing. They asked me again if I could teach them some, and again I said I would show them what I know and we could watch some videos for more steps. They were serious about this; at first I thought they were just playing, maybe wanting to get up and jump around a bit and call it powwow or stomp dancing. I did explain to the class the differences. However, after further dialogues with them I felt they are serious; they really want to try, so I guess there will be some dancing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment